Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oriental Breakfast Anyone???

I have to post this because blogging wasn't around when my children were 2, 3, 4, or 5 years of age and saying the most darling things imaginable...(Did we even have a computer back then???)Hannah is on the left and is just 2 years old and Caley is 4. Heather is still 5 months away from being born when this picture was taken. Today Hannah is 5' 10 and 3/4" and is 14 years old and here was our conversation tonight. We are leaving for the weekend for the YMCA Regionals Swimmeet at Mt. Hood Community College. Hannah and Heather get to stay with my mom in a motel because of the ridiculous hour they have to be to the pool for warm-ups. They love staying in motels because it's very uncommon in our family and she says, "Mom, do we get that oriental breakfast like we have before?" I paused and kind of snickered and said, "Uh, Han, you mean the continental breakfast?" Big smile..."Oh, ya!" The reason it's so cute is it just doesn't happen anymore and boy do I miss when they were little! It's fun for our family to watch many of your little ones and hear the cute things they say. I better get to bed--not only is it late but I need to be up to make that "oriental breakfast"! Love you, Han!


3 comments:

Family of 5 said...

hahahaha! :0) I love it! That really cracked me up! Funny how things still come out when we are older! Love the oldie pic that you put up! What lil dolls they were and still are! :) Good luck this weekend!

Joe, Jess, Joy and Jenna said...

Great story. Thanks for sharing. What a sweet picture of the girls. They were so cute, and now they are beautiful! I can't even imagine Joy being a teen, but I know I will blink and she will be one.

Cathy said...

that was so funny:)

Hope the swim meets went great!