Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Official...

We are now the proud parents of 3 teenage girls!! Heather turned 13 on Monday, March 16th. We stole Bailee Vollmar the Saturday and Sunday before. Of course Heather wanted a barbeque and it happened to be pouring down rain. Russ went ahead with it only because it was her birthday. We went shopping--actually they shopped and I followed them around as shopping is my least favorite thing to do. Then, I took all the girls to the play "Little Women" out at Corban College. Very well done...but, verrrrrrry long! We got home around 10:30 pm so we had to have Bailee come home with us after church on Sunday just so we could have cake and icecream. Can't have a party without cake and icecream! Here are many pictures of Heather's 13 years. She has been a joy and blessing in our lives as we watch her grow not only physically but spiritually in her relationship with the Lord.

Bailee and Heather. By the way, the reason the presents are on the blanket is because I bought sparkley, pretty, girlie paper since it was Heather's 13th--usually I turn Christmas wrap inside out and just use that--it's just wrapping paper, right? Well, this paper was loaded with glitter! It was everywhere when I was wrapping--my face, hair, clothes and I can even see it on my shoes still. Who in their right mind would put glitter on wrapping paper!?! I wanted to toss the rest but the girls wanted me to keep it, so it's under my bed gathering dust with the rest of the stuff under there!




Heather shortly after being born--what a head of hair! Thanks to Sharon Abbey, all of my kid's births were videotaped in a very respectful manner. Russ and I watched her birth video the other night--the girls just aren't into watching yet. Can't figure out why...:-)



At 2 months with Caley, who is 4 years old here.



This is one of my favorite pictures--I'm not sure what Hannah is saying, probably something like, "Mommy, Heather poopy!" Hannah is 21 months here and Heather 3 months.



The sweetness of a chubby-cheeked baby...a forever memory! 9 months old here...




Happy 1st birthday, Heather! She hadn't had much sugar up until this cupcake and she devoured it! She hasn't stopped craving sugar since...:-)






2 years old...and a spit-fire! Our annual hunt for the perfect Christmas tree...



More from year 2--wanting to be like her big sisters...the best part was hosing them off so they could actually come in the house!



With Cathy Cordero before kids and I'm pretty sure in the stage of wanting kids...3 years old



A visit to OMSI--oh how I miss these days...4 years old



Goin' to a Harvest Party...2 orphans and a cute little Indian. 5 years old





Getting sweeter as the years go by...6 years old




I think this was in Troutdale--we met Nana and Papa at McDonald's for a 7th birthday celebration.




8 years old and loving the beach rain or shine...





9 years old holding a pygmy goat in GrassValley, OR...



10 years old--coming out of a snow cave she built near Mt. Bachelor




The crazy side of Heather actually kicked in way before 11 years of age. This is just a sample of that.



Caley's picture of Heather this past summer--12 years old. Happy, Happy Birthday Heather. We love you very much!























1 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Happy 13th birthday girl! I love ya ! Love the fun pics back down on memory lane!