Sunday, November 9, 2008

Dutch Blitz-i-tis and other wacky games...

One of the reasons I love fall so much is how it brings our family inside. We experience game "spurts" in the fall and winter, especially when it starts getting so dark outside. We love playing Dutch Blitz--it's very competitive and fast paced and we can spend too much time playing. Shortly after this picture was taken, I developed Dutch Blitz-i-tis--this means I'm getting too old to sit on the floor for long periods of time in this position without developing some sort of back ailment. For the time being, I'm taking a break from this game while my back heals. I really did injure my back almost 2 weeks ago and this probably added to it. Looks like we'll be moving to the kitchen table...

Look at the intensity!! I guess ya had to be here!

This is an example, one of many, how my kids play with games in the way they aren't intended. Hannah and Heather are using Dominoes to build towers and then see who could blow the other's over the quickest. Easily entertained...Of course, I thought I had the order figured out so start at the bottom.

By the time these pictures were taken, they were so lightheaded they were ready to be done.



They should really have a decent lung capacity since they are swimmers, but it's hard to blow and laugh at the same time.


They figured out they couldn't blow all the way across the table...




1 comments:

Wendy said...

what a fun family. I can't wait until our kids are a little older for game play like that. But in the mean time I will enjoy all that goes with this stage. Except I do have a vomiter today, I don't love that. I bet your girls can at least make it to the toilet :)