Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nana's Visit...Pam's mom if you can't tell...

My mom just came for a visit last week. We always have a great time when she is here. Shopping, shopping, shopping--I strongly dislike it. For some reason it makes me really tired. It would be better if Papa could come, too. (For a visit...not shopping.) He is a pastor so it's very hard for him to get away. At least if he looks at the blog he can see part of what went on. Mom has made a few fleece blankets for the girls for Christmas over the years. She thought it would be fun if they learned to make them this year. It really was easy. She was counting on taking the blankets home, wrapping them, and putting them under the tree until Christmas. Well, the girls didn't know that part. It didn't happen. If you have ever wrapped yourself in one of those blankets it's hard to unwrap--they are just way too cozy. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the girls sleeping with their blankets--they have 2 or 3 piled on their beds at one time. We don't use the heat upstairs and they prefer that.

Nana and Hannah measuring and cutting.

Matching the pieces--part of the fun is picking the kind of fleece you want. So many designs to choose from...


Hannah tying.



One of the yorkies that never leaves Mom alone--they are her babies and it shows. This is Kokoa.




Heather measuring...something.





Kokoa on the left. Bear on the right.






Kokoa would lay down right in front of her and not move and Bear would crawl under her legs just waiting for attention--like they don't get enough!!







Heather working on hers. Caley was at work so no pictures of her working on hers--that's what happens when you grow up and get a job!


















2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

What a blogger you are lately! :) Fun to see your visit with your mom/Nana! Love the blankets! Cute fabric too! Nana's dogs sound like what Cambria does with me...always has to be around me...pulling on my legs, crawling on me! :) Fun times and great memories!

Wendy said...

Fun, I have one of those blankets and I love it. I love seeing the family bonding too. And your girls can come over and do Sarah's hair any time.