Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blessings...

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord...
Psalm 127:3

The last 2 days have been rough. I have been sick and have spent most of both days in bed. My children are a blessing to me in that they are so encouraging and sensitive. They have gone above and beyond what is expected of them in a normal day. Clothes have been washed; dishes taken care of; house continually picked up; closing my door in hopes that I'll get more rest-not realizing it makes me feel better to hear the activity of the day in its normal volume; Caley taking and picking up after a busy day at work; school work accomplished in a timely manor (for the most part!). All went on as scheduled--pretty much without me. What a blessing that is to me!! Knowing that only God deserves the glory for how these 3 are turning out. Thank you, Father, for these blessings...they truly are a gift from You!

2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

They are such blessings your girls! And you and Russ are too! I'm sorry you have been sick...no fun! Hope your feeling better and up and around! By the way did you guys get your Christmas tree already? :)

Cathy said...

I always knew....we've watched you as parents from day one (of meeting you). I know. I know. It's not just the parenting, but you allowed God to shape you as parents along the way and what truly wonderful girl's you have...girl's who have soft, receptive hearts to the Lord, who has made them who they are!