Saturday, October 11, 2008

Favorite Memories From 4 Years Ago...August 2004

I came across these pictures today as I was deleting some others and thought about the fact that I don't need to post current happenings only. We had planned to go camping this weekend but, of course it rained. These were the days before our tent trailer. Kurt and Laurie Faville have a little (and I mean little) cabin in Florence, OR, that they graciously allowed us to use. No running water inside--a hose outside. No electricity so we used our propane lanterns and rats...the pit toilet was a bit of a hike, open on 3 sides. I always made the girls come with me even if they didn't have to go...

This is the living room--basically a 12x12 room with a loft...

Hannah at that time didn't mind slugs and bugs and snails...the girls were 12, 10 and 8 years old
This is the loft--we thought the girls would all sleep up there until they saw the rat traps. They were also fearful they would slip off and come crashing down on us in the middle of the night.
At the beach--Caley...
The cute little cabin...
On the way home...

They weren't sliding at all. We made it look as if they were.
They sure tried though--we thought those jackets were slippery enough.
Heather and her lone sand dollar...
Look how little Heather is!!!
We love the beach!

1 comments:

Family of 5 said...

I don't know how I missed these last few posts...anyways, what fun pictures! i can't believe how LITTLE they look! so cute! That's what you guys will be saying about our kids someday because you will have watched them grow up! Such fun moments...so I'm curious did you ever go back to that cute little cabin? :) Looks quite cozy!