Saturday, September 6, 2008

The End is Near....

Have you ever started a home project thinking it would take just a minimal amount of time to complete and it turns into an opportunity to experience God's incredible blessing? We have been in the midst of that over the last several weeks. These pictures will help you to understand why there hasn't been any time for blogging, vacations, etc. It started with just a little dry rot that we've been ignoring for atleast two years...then moved on to Russ falling off of a ladder or 2 and breaking his elbow (you might want to ask him about that...) and then the blessings too inumerable to count, came pouring in. After I got over the initial disappointment of Russ breaking his arm (Yes, I was very upset! How in the world were we going to accomplish this incredible task????), I told him I was sure God allowed him to break his arm to teach me a thing or two....and so it has been. Here we go in no particular order because I don't know how to do that nor do I have the time to figure it out...


Me and Peppie trying to get out. At one point I had accidently taped off all the doors because Jay is so incredibily fast and the girls were all trapped inside for a time...I thought it was funny, they didn't.
Jay with his respirator--such a clown...
Wow!
This side is 20-30 feet up. I couldn't even be in the area ladders make me nervous especially when someone is dangling from one...
Forgot to mention we are having the roof replaced, too...more pics to come...

Caley using the chop-saw...
Heather picking up dry rot--hope she doesn't get some kind of rash...
Shawn Barnes in his element--heat (I think 99 degrees this day) and height. He came for many hours 2 days in a row--we eventually had to make him go home...what a blessing he was.
Thanks to Vince Vollmar I now know how to caulk the correct way. No big blobs of mess anymore--I even have a handy little tool.
The Barnes boys--they were a great help, too and enjoyed the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath it on one of the very hot days.

We provided lunch on several days for those that helped.
Caley being....Caley!
More dry rot...
Isn't that gross? I discovered this spot and knew we couldn't ignore it...
Learning from Dad...he was really limited for a long time and has been able to use his arm quite a bit in the last couple of weeks although it is still broken...


Vince Vollmar, the professional caulker!

Russ making sure Kurt (teacher at his school) is doing the job right...
Vince was up to something...
Kurt and Aaron (teacher friends of Russ)



Both of these pictures show more dry rot...This was before Russ fell off the ladder...Ask him how it happened!!!
Isn't he handsome?? I think so...
This was the spot that we have been ignoring for 2 years until we discovered we could pretty much step through it...
Steps that were recycled 10 years ago when we did major work have finally given out...one of Kurt Faville's workers built these. He did a great job. Russ felt they were a little beyond his ability.
There!! I don't feel so guilty now (Anna)! There are more pictures to come. The roof is on the garage and partway on the house and trim is almost done...The End Is Near!!




2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Wow you guys have done soooo much to your house! IT LOOKS GREAT!!! I can't wait to see the finish product! And great updates on all the blogging! SO great that you guys had somuch help! Being part of a church body is wonderful to have all those extra hands to help! God is GOOD!

Acker Family said...

1. Love Caley's previous posts with her talented photos! 2. Love your house! So fantastic! 3. God is good to bring up those people to help out! 4. Next time call me-I can do a mad paint job :) Lily might want to help as well!