Friday, December 5, 2008

One of Many Thanksgiving Traditions-Family Photos...

You know how it is...on one hand you dread it because you want the perfect picture and on the other hand it can be one of the best times spent with family. We've done this for several years on the weekend of Thanksgiving. We figure out what to wear--what color we have the most of that year-- grab the tripod and camera and head downtown. Mostly, the photos have consisted of the girls, simply because they are the ones who have been changing so much over the years. I think the last family photo was 2005. I'll have to dig some of those out of the archives...

I'm not sure what happened here but it must have been funny! This is one of our favorite spots in a very secluded alley downtown. At one point, I didn't post the photo, I started laughing hysterically and couldn't stop because we were actually "posing" facing Liberty or Commercial in front of an old building and people were just staring at us!! You can imagine how ridiculous we felt...that's why we search for the old buildings in the alley way...

This one is my favorites--it's a simple, traditional pose.
Everyone else liked this one--I actually did too, after I got use to the bottoms of our feet. This and the one above were taken in the alley across from the downtown Great Harvest. Wait!! I'm giving away all of our secret spots...
Hannah, Caley, and Heather... I wish I had hair like them...maybe I'll try growing mine out--maybe not! This one goes on the annual photo mug. (Spoiler for the grandparents!) My dad actually started this tradition at the Oregon State Fair when Caley was a baby and we have been doing it ever since! My parents used to have all of them displayed--too many now. This will be the 17th one! I really like this one because of the creativity--Russ and Caley working together.
Willamette University after a few hours...
Gotta include the funny ones, too! Look at Hannah's head. Doesn't it look like she is hugging someone from behind the statue??? Weird!!
This was just fun setting the timer and walking hand in hand...just like when they girls were little...
Across from Willamette...
THE END!









7 comments:

Cathy said...

wow, I don't know what to say...what a beautiful family! It's been fun watching those girls grow up! hmmm...wonder if I can find those "secret" spots for pictures of my kiddos...:)

Cheri Willems said...

Awesome pictures, it looks like you guys had a blast doing it. I think we may have to steal your idea. I always think we need someone to take the pictures for us.

Family of 5 said...

Oh man how do you choose? I like them all! REally!! What a great looking family! Your daughters are both beautiful inside and out! What a fun tradition! Yah, who needs a professional, when you can use a tripod and a timer! :)

Unknown said...

I love the pictures. Fun seeing downtown and Willamette - where I went to college. The girls are so beautiful - both inside and out.

Wendy said...

GREAT pictures. I love those alley pics, so artsy :) It's really neat that you do it every year, a fun tradition that not everyone has. Enjoy picking your favorite, looks like it will be hard.

Acker Family said...

Um, wow. You're family is beautiful-and I want their hair too!! Love all of those pictures! Must be nice having them all look at the camera and smile on cue huh?!

The Hirschels said...

Pam please send us a copy of a photo from your Thanksgiving phots. The one Connie wants is the one with 5 of you standing in front of the big silver door. Connie wants to print it up she likes it so well. Tried to print from the blog but only 32 mb file is too pixilated. We also do not have your e-mail address. Please send also.
Love Lee Connie, Cameron, Victoria