Saturday, September 19, 2009

Corn Cob Cutting...

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. And yes I AM yelling...


Recipes...they are useful to a certain extent. Usually, when I try a new recipe, I follow the recipe exactly how it is written the first time and then I modify it or completely chuck it--never to use it again. This was one of those that I should have chucked, but it was easy enough to modify--and very tasty. Notice how nicely the kabobs are put together in the picture. Easy, right? Wrong!! Especially when it came to cutting corn cobs into 1 1/2 inch pieces!!! THIS WAS NOT EASY! And I have since modified the recipe and roasted the cobs right on the grill--no cutting involved. Notice I attempted to use 3 different knives and I was sweating when I was done and my hand hurt so badly that it took a few days for it to feel "right" again! By the way, the 2nd time I prepared this, I tripled the recipe and put in way too many roasted red pepper flakes--I guess you don't need to triple those! Burning mouths, lips, teeth and nasal cavities completely drained. And yes I did make my family finish all the food because there was no way I was going to waste such yummy food...even if it was too hot!

0 comments: